Ask THE GOURMAND MOM for help!!
I’m online, a lot (like almost all day long). Send me a message for help, ideas, or tips. I can’t promise to have all of the answers all of the time, but I’d be happy to lend a hand if I can!
Here’s how to reach me, in order of the most likely way to get in touch quickly:
1. Post a comment to this page.
2. Post a message on The Gourmand Mom facebook page.
3. Send an email to thegourmandmom [at] yahoo [dot] com
Need help! All out of dinner ideas my kids who loved eating my food have become bored with my menus! I’ve left out some pork loin, but have Noooo idea what to do with it. My boys love chinese.
Hi Yesenia, You’re the first person to comment on the new Cooking 911 page! I have a few ideas for you.
1. This sweet and spicy pork is super easy and delicious, plus it has a sort of Asian twist, which your Chinese food loving boys might like: https://thegourmandmom.com/2011/06/01/sweet-and-spicy-pork-over-smashed-sweet-potatoes/ If you don’t have or can’t get sambal oelek (crushed chile), you can substitute regular crushed red pepper flakes.
2. Roast the pork loin (similar to in the other recipe), but serve with a peanut sauce, like the one found here: https://thegourmandmom.com/2010/07/30/chicken-and-spicy-peanut-sauce/ If you wanted, you could even coat the pork loin with crushed peanuts before roasting.
3. Pork Fried Rice (https://thegourmandmom.com/2010/10/31/easy-pork-fried-rice/) or Pork Lo Mein (https://thegourmandmom.com/2012/10/03/easy-vegetable-lo-mein-and-pork-eggrolls/)
Hope those ideas help!
Need your corned beef and cabbage recipe
I’ve also been dreaming of St. Patty’s Day corned beef. Here’s the link you’re looking for: https://thegourmandmom.com/2011/03/15/boiled-irish-dinner-and-irish-soda-bread/
You might also want to check out these corned beef and cabbage egg rolls, which are awesome for leftovers (https://thegourmandmom.com/2012/03/07/corned-beef-and-cabbage-egg-rolls/) and this round-up of other St. Patrick’s Day ideas (https://thegourmandmom.com/2012/03/15/st-pattys-day-round-up/)