The following links contain step-by-step photo guides for a few handy techniques:
- How to Dice a Mango
- How to Chop an Onion
- How to Roast Garlic
- How to Chiffonade Basil
- How to Slice an Avocado
- How to Clarify Butter
- How to Poach an Egg
- How to Make a Hollandaise Sauce
- How to Clean and Slice Leeks
- How to Make a Roux
- How to Supreme an Orange
- How to Caramelize Onions
- How to Chop a Pineapple
- How to Open a Coconut
- How to Peel and Seed Tomatoes
- How to Make an All-Butter Pie Crust
- How to Make Cake Pops
The following links will bring you to a bit of information on a number of culinary techniques, as well as a recipe which demonstrates each technique. The list will continue to grow as I address additional tips and techniques with each new post.
- Thickening with Cornstarch – Orange Chicken
- How to Julienne Cut – Easy Vegetable Lo Mein and Pork Egg Rolls
- Preparing Pumpkin Puree – Round-up of Pumpkin Recipes
- Tips for Tender Meatballs – Moroccan Spiced Lamb Meatballs in Minted Apricot Glaze
- Tempering Eggs – Pumpkin Pie Frozen Custard
- Thanksgiving Turkey Safety – Cranberry Mango Sauce
- Folding in Egg Whites – Spiced Mango Upside Down Cake
- Easy Disposable Pastry Bag – Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Cream Cheese Icing
- Bechamel Sauce – Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini
- Cooking with a Bain Marie (Water Bath) – Cannoli Cheesecake
- Poaching Chicken – Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Entertaining with Cheese – Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Bleu Cheese
- Working with Puff Pastry – Caramel Apple Tartlets
**If you’re looking for information on a particular technique which you don’t see covered, send me a message! I happily take requests!
Your Aunt sent me your blog site. I absolutely LOVE what you are doing! Hope you will sign me up! I love taking photos, and love cooking. Ok….so I am not as enthusiastic as you are in the cooking department….your young! However, I have 2 young daughters, probably your age with kids your kids age…so…I wont to encourage them too!
Keep on doing what you are doing. Love your blog!
And now…I must try one of those recipes….mmmm…
Thanks so much for your comments! Which one of my aunts do you know? I love cooking and taking pictures! It makes me so happy to know that people are enjoying my blog! If you want to get an e-mail whenever I post something new, there’s a little box to sign up on the top of the right column. Once you enter your e-mail, I think a box pops up to confirm the subscription. Then you’ll get an e-mail with a link to click that will activate the subscription. Then you’ll get an e-mail whenever I post something new. Or you can just come check out the site whenever you want! I like to cook with the kids too, so every so often I include recipes or tips for involving young kids in the kitchen too!
hi aunt amy. its colee. i love your website. tell liam lucas and uncle brett i said hi! love you,bye-bye
your awsome aunt amy your food looks soooooooooooooooooooo delicous i cant wait to see you next month especially……liam lucas and uncle brett well i guess ill talk to you later love ya bye-bye
Thanks Colee! We miss you! Liam talks about you every single day!!
THANKS FOR REPLIEING.I LOVE YOU TELL EVERYONE I SAID HI LOVEYA
james is so cute i wish i was in syracuse right now
amy guess what im going to syracuse this month yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy
I know! We’re so, so excited to see you!!!
hi aunt amy geuss what i got a new phone i love it its a samsung newer blackberry and niagra falls was awesome i loved it well il talk to you later byebye p.s.i moved with my mom though
hi aunt amy im gonna see you in 6 days im so excited.ill talk to ya later byebye
i wish syracuse won against ohio state
Hey Amy I can’t wait to see you for Xmas tell everyone I said hi