Ding! Ding! Ding! Balloons are dropping from the ceiling all around you. The crowds are cheering. The sirens are ringing. Brightly colored bits of paper confetti are obscuring your vision. Your heart is racing with excitement and your mind is filled with utter bewilderment…
You MAY have just been the 100,000th visitor to this blog. CONGRATULATIONS! I’d send you a real prize if I could, but I have no way of determining who the actual 100,000th reader will be. So, simply beam with pride in knowing that it might be you and accept this celebratory recipe as your grand reward!
According to my stats, some time today, this little food blog will reach its 100,000th view. Yowzers! I can only hope that this milestone represents 100,000 happy customers, 100,000 delicious meals, and 100,000 satisfied bellies!
In celebration of this momentous occasion, I’ve got a special little dish for you; elegant in its simplicity, an unassuming sandwich on a croissant. But between those flakey, buttery layers of golden croissant lies a decadent lobster salad, lightly tossed in a champagne tarragon dressing. A few slices of crispy applewood smoked bacon and some ripe red tomatoes complete the dish. It’s a BLT sandwich in every sense of the word, simply swapping the traditional lettuce for a bit of luscious lobster; the perfect way to raise the level of a classic BLT sandwich into a celebratory meal!
Pescetarians, rest assured. This dish is for you too! Simply omit the bacon for a luscious lobster salad delight!
Lobster BLT Sandwiches
For the Champagne Tarragon Lobster Salad:
- 1 pound lobster tail(s), cooked and chopped*
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar (can substitute white wine vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1/2 shallot, finely diced
- 5-6 fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
For the BLTs:
- 2 croissants
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine lettuce, optional
To prepare the salad, whisk together the mayonnaise and champagne vinegar until smooth. Stir in the fresh tarragon and shallot. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired. Toss the lobster with dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To assemble the sandwiches, split a croissant in half. Place 2-3 slices of crisp bacon on the croissant. Top with fresh tomato slices and a generous scoop of lobster salad.
Makes 2 Sandwiches
* For ease and convenience, this recipe utilizes lobster tails. (You can use the meat from a whole boiled or steamed lobster, if desired.) My grocery store carries freshly frozen lobster tails in the seafood department. Defrost the tails in the fridge for several hours before using, until they are mostly defrosted and flexible. To roast the lobster tails, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Use kitchen shears to snip a slit through the top of the shell from the body end to the fan end. Carefully separate and lift the lobster meat from the shell, leaving it attached at the fan end. Rest the lobster meat atop the split shell. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of melted butter. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the lobster reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. Adjust cooking time based on the size of your lobster tails and how frozen/defrosted they are.
CONGRATULATIONS on reaching 100,000 visitors to your blog! It is an absolutely terrific blog and I enjoy reading it on a daily basis so this achievement is well deserved. 🙂 🙂
Thank you for posting your terrific recipes, the gorgeous pictures, and most of all, your wonderful commentary. I will miss it very much when you are on your maternity leave. 🙂 🙂
Awww! Thank you so much for your nice comments!
Wahooo! This is a big day! Congrats, famous blogger!! I do enjoy your posts…my keyboard, not so much (since I DROOL on it every time I gaze upon your delicious looking pictures!) And the lobster BLT sandwich is no exception…mmmmmm!! Champagne tarragon dressing? Genius!
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh…..I am in love with this sandwich, what a great idea!! Makes me think of a sandwich that I have gotten at the Cape before…yours looks so delicious!
What magnificent news, congratulations on 100 000 views and what an outstanding way to celebrate with such a decadent sandwich.
Tarragon, champagne, lobster… heaven. Congrats on the milestone!!
Oh, wow! Fabulous sandwich! I’ll have to make one to celebrate your 100, 000th visitor…I love how I can rationalize anything 😉 Congratulations!
The sandwich looks wonderful.
This is my kind of sandwich! Will beat any other type easily.
This looks amazing. Perhaps lobster roll a la francais?